Job Number 19125503
Job Category Event Management
Location Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park| 161 Elizabeth Street| Sydney|
New South Wales| Australia
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Entry level management position that leads the banquet staff while personally
assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops
and directs team to provide consistent| high quality service. Communicates
performance expectations and trains staff in processes. Responsible for
managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Department Operations and Inventories
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and
maintenance of equipment.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet captains and
• Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
• Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards| policies| and procedures (SOPs|
• Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner
Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
• Orders supplies for the department (e.g.| china| glass| silver| buffet
presentations| props| and other service equipment needs).
• Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in
controlling liquor costs| managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory
and requisitioning liquor.
• Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an
event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards| while
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and
cutting edge cuisine| and overall event presentation.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey and participates in the development
and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses
on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires Banquet captains and employees with appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.