Job Number 19135085
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Four Points by Sheraton Melbourne Docklands| 18 Pearl River
Road| Melbourne| Victoria| Australia
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets
pleasure. Where even when you’re global| you can experience the local.
Designed for the independent traveler seeking balance| there’s Four Points.
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and
supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door
Staff| Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works
with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient
check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and
maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations.
Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
Monitoring and Supporting Progress Toward Guest Services and Front Desk
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Collaborates with the Front Office Manager on ways to continually improve
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals
to produce desired results.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
plans based on review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Displays outstanding hospitality skills.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of
product| service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies| standards and procedures.
• Monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Functions in place of the Front Office Manager in his/her absence.
• Communicates critical information from pre- and post-convention meetings to
the Front Office staff.
• Participates in department meetings.