Job Number 20011946
Job Category Event Management
Location W Melbourne| 435 Collins Street| Melbourne| Victoria| Australia
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up
of the function rooms (e.g.| tables| chairs| dance floors| podiums| etc.) and
executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs
team to provide consistent| high quality service. Communicates expected
performance and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and
administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or
related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Participating in and Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self confidence| energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity| manages time well| and is highly visible in
areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence| energy
Supporting the Management of Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees| customers and guests| vendors and
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Qualifies business and tracks leads.
• Solicits and books meetings| conferences and catered corporate and social
• Finalizes and upsells catering arrangements for group/convention business.
• Negotiates and markets to drive sales and create profits.
• Identifies customer needs and all sales opportunities which ensure
successful catering events.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Supports the development| training| and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee|s needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies.