Job Number 19072582
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| One Marriott Drive| Perth| Western
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer| Far East Consortium| The Ritz-Carlton| Perth
will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development.
Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront| the 205-room hotel will occupy a
28-storey tower| which will also include a selection of impressive residential
apartments. The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| together with The Towers at Elizabeth
Quay| an upscale residential development located beside the hotel| will sit
atop exclusive retail space| fine-dining experiences| and waterfront access.
The Ritz-Carlton| Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities|
including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally
positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with
2|000 square metres of conference space| including a spacious 572 square
metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the
hotel include a Fitness Centre| which offers a gym| spa| and outdoor infinity
swimming pool| while an open-roof courtyard with tropical| landscaped gardens
creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open November 2019.
Assists the Sous Chef in ensuring the quality| consistency and production of
areas of responsibility in kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by personally
performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related
functions. Works with team to improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards
are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve results.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Supervises the preparation and production of all hot or cold food items for
buffet and a la carte menu to ensure that they are in compliance with the
prescribed recipes and specifications.
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food &
Beverage policies| standards and procedures.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the food
operation (e.g.| restaurant| banquet| pastry shop).
• Communications production needs to key personnel.
• Produces production prep list.
• Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (e.g.| HACCP|
OSHA| ASI and Health Department).
• Assists in estimating daily restaurant production needs.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food
Leading Kitchen Team
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing
requests based on required specifications.
• Supervises and manages restaurant kitchen employees. Understanding employee
positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Assumes duties of the Sous Chef in his/her absence.
• Assists Chef in daily line up and conducts in his/her absence.
Establishing and Maintaining Kitchen Goals
• Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including performance goals|
budget goals| team goals| etc.
• Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize| organize| and
accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
• Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Effectively investigates| reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
• Knows and implements company safety standards.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Participates in training restaurant staff on menu items including
ingredients| preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with appropriate skills.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to go through our selection
process. We will require candidates to have unrestricted working rights for
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._