Job Number 19148409
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location The Tasman| a Luxury Collection Hotel| Hobart| 34 Davey Street|
Hobart| Southern Territory| Australia
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and
resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most
enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our
guests| these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their
spirits| enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone
with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide
genuine| personalized| and anticipatory service| then we invite you to join us
on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
The Tasman| which marks Marriott International’s debut in Tasmania| will
reside in an assortment of repurposed heritage buildings and will form a
prominent position in Parliament Square – a new design-led| urban development
set to revitalise Hobart’s city centre.
Upon opening| this hotel will boast 152 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and
suites with carefully restored features| including original windows| floor
boards and fireplaces. The hotel’s corridors will showcase exclusive pieces
from local artists| while an upscale restaurant| lobby lounge| and a
destination cocktail bar will offer a variety of dining experiences that
reflect the spirit of the destination.
The hotel is due to open in Sep 2020
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations| including maintaining the
building| grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety|
security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget| capital
expenditure projects| preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency
response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 2 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
• Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration|
HVAC| plumbing| water treatment| electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness| efficiency and
• Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies| standards and
• Manages department|s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Select and order or purchase new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting| repair work|
renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Assists in effectively planning| scheduling and evaluating preventative
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer
service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to
create awareness of business objectives| awareness of expectations and
recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee|s ability to execute departmental and property emergency
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee
problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.