Job Number 19144170
Job Category Event Management
Location The Westin Melbourne| 205 Collins Street| Melbourne| Victoria|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Westin Hotels & Resorts redefines personal and instinctive service with an
effortless style and gracious attitude that ensures a truly unforgettable
experience for our guests and associates. Every Westin is a haven of serenity
and a distinctive alternative for those who appreciate a higher standard. The
Westin Melbourne is searching for a dynamic Leader to join our team and who is
ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand – if you’re someone
who is positive| adaptable| intuitive| and has a genuine interest in the well-
being of others| we’d love to hear from you.
Marriott International is the world|s leading global hospitality company| with
more brands| more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and
succeed. With 5|700 properties| you|ll find us in your neighborhood and in
more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at
www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city|s bustling
Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street|
arguably Australia|s premier street. The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness
in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin
Heavenly® Beds| Gear Lending by New Balance®| and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinate with
operations and customers to ensure consistent| high level service throughout
pre-event| event and post-event phases of property events. This position
ensures the hotels events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back
to sales. Catering Sales Manager is to develop existing business and solicit
new catering business through catering lead generation and catering sales
marketing. Generating revenue| establishing new accounts| monitoring booking
space| booking repeat business while keeping quality consistently high|
conducting catering sales presentations and catering sales calls.
• Managing the Catering Department
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures|
collaborating with other employees| and ensuring accuracy.
• Adheres to all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to
processing the final bill.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event
process (pre-event| event| post-event).
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and
encourages the same from other employees.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to
the customer and property operations.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained
feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Menu planning and updating website
• Prospecting new clients/ events
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to
review/communicate group needs and feedback. (Banquet Event Order meeting|
block review| etc).
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with the team.
• Task force opportunities to support the other MI sister properties in
Melbourne when required.
The ability to connect with customers| detail events| upsell products and services|
Manage multiple customers at a given time| be detailed orientated| understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Leadership skills and the ability to lead the team
Goal oriented and results driven.
Exceptional verbal| written communication and interpersonal skills.
Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Office and Outlook.
Accuracy| flexibility and the ability to multitask is imperative for this role.
Experience in a similar sales within a hotel environment preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing
company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed| you will have
the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent
· Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates|
family and friends across all Marriott International properties worldwide
· Associate recognition programs
· Discount CBD parking
· World class training programs
· Strategic career development opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity to learn| grow and advance your career with
an exciting| vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and
commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work
with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Please note only people with full Australian working rights are eligible to apply for this role.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into
an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be