Job Number 19107920
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Pier One Sydney Harbour| Autograph Collection| 11 Hickson Road|
Walsh Bay| New South Wales| Sydney| New South Wales| Australia
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott|s Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury
independent partner hotels| each with its own distinct personality|
experience| style and features. Located in major cities and desirable
destinations around the world| Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect
their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an
innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Reporting directly to the GM| leads and manages all day-to-day activities
related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term| value-based
customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives.
Achieves personal booking goals and makes recommendations on booking goals of
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 3 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and
marketing or related professional area.
MUST HAVE AUSTRALIAN MARKET KNOWLEDGE
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of sales strategy and
effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing
revenue| customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions| both internal
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue
potential (e.g.| sets example with personal booking goals).
• Recommends booking goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Approves space release for catering to maximize revenue (DOS| Group) in the
absence of a Business Evaluation Manager.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new
business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy
to achieve property’s financial room and catering goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews sales and catering guest satisfaction results to identify areas of
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifies customer service and
creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain
feedback on quality of product (e.g.| rooms| meeting facilities and equipment|
food and beverage)| service levels| execution against contract and overall
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a
focus on continuous improvement.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and
property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders| both internal and
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Event Booking
Center| Market Sales| GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and
the sales efforts are complementary| not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources| Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure
compliance with local| state and federal regulations and/or union
• Attends customer events| trade shows and sales missions to maintain| build
or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.