Job Number 19131794
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Four Points by Sheraton Perth| 707 Wellington Street| Perth|
Western Australia| Australia
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets
pleasure. Where even when you’re global| you can experience the local.
Designed for the independent traveller seeking balance| there’s Four Points.
Situated in Perth’s CBD opposite the Perth Arena| the 278-room Four Points by
Sheraton Perth caters to business and leisure travellers alike. It is a short
stroll from the famed Northbridge entertainment and dining district| Kings
Park and Botanical Gardens and several shopping areas.
At the heart of our thriving Hotel is our team of Front Office associates who
are passionate about looking after our guests and each other – they work hard
and have fun doing it!
This is a diverse and challenging role in an environment where every day is
different! With your solid experience in Front Office operations gained from
working in a management capacity within a 4-5 star environment| outstanding
people skills and flair for problem-solving| you|ll be integral to ensuring we
surpass our goals through effective processes and optimum performance by our
talent. Your efficient time management and strong attention to detail and
accuracy will also support your success in this role.
This is a full time position so you’ll have the required work entitlements and
availability to work a rotating roster including weekends.
A full| unrestricted Western Australian driver’s licence and an exemplary
driving record are essential| as you’ll be required to undertake valet parking
You will also have current Approved Manager (WA) status.
If this sounds like the opportunity you|ve been waiting for to enhance your
Front Office career| please apply online attaching a current resume and cover
Assists the Rooms Division Manager in administering front office functions and
supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Guest Services
and Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and associates to
carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process.
Ensures guest and associate satisfaction and maximizes the financial
performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with associates to
create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations|
recognizes performance| and produces desired results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages associates. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands positions well enough to perform duties in associates| absence.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with associates
and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Rooms
Division Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product| service
levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures associates understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program| communicating and
ensuring the process.
• Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to
reduce bad debts and rebates.
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control
• Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all
policies| standards and procedures.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or
• Brings issues concerning associate satisfaction to the attention of the
department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of team members with the
• Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired