Job Number 19138679
Job Category Human Resources
Location Brisbane Marriott Hotel| 515 Queen Street| Brisbane| Queensland|
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International has 30 renowned hotel brands in 122 countries around
the world. We offer unmatched career opportunities and a culture that empowers
you to grow on your journey with us! The next step in your career could lead
you to your greatest adventure.
Brisbane Marriott Hotel is looking for a passionate| people-focused Human
Resources Officer who has exceptional attention to detail| time management
skills| and thrives on contributing towards a positive workplace culture! As
a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this promise by delivering
premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted details. With your
skills and imagination| together we will innovate and reinvent the future of
Assists the Director of Human Resources in maintaining positive internal and
external relationships with employees. Utilizes PeopleSoft to provide support
to the Human Resources Department/Hotel in the achievement of the business
goals and strategies and to carry out the daily activities of the Human
Resource Office. Additionally| he/she focuses on delivering HR services that
meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as
ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as company
Candidate must have full working rights in Australia
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Human Resources Operations
• Assists with any process administration and the collation of data for
• Assists| where necessary| with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
• Updates and distributes relevant information databases as required.
• Updates data on the celebratory dates/Contact list etc.
• Ensures employee files contain required paperwork| are properly maintained|
audited regularly| and secured.
• Ensures terminated employee files are retained for the required length of
• Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing| reviewing| and auditing
• Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate| secure| and
confidential medical file.
• Assists with the implementation of the engagement survey action plan.
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
• Provides full administration support for applicant tracking system(s).
• Coordinates and compiles with relevant recruitment and hiring policies and
• Maintains the recruitment database.
• Ensures that all recruits have full reference and background checks and CRB
checks| where required.
• Ensures interviews are conducted as per recommended guidelines.
Source and establish relationships with potential talent
Managing Employee Total Compensation
• Supports the administration of payroll through applicable systems.
• Assists with any Compensation and Benefits data compilation.
• Manages employee benefit eligibility review process and changes employee’s
status as necessary; communicates change in status to affected employees.
• Conducts annual wage survey to ensure rates of pay are competitive in the
• Ensures wages are paid in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures and
all applicable laws.
• Ensures performance appraisal processes are in place| reviews are conducted
in a timely manner| and increases are processed.
Managing Employee Training and Development
• Coordinates the administration of all training nominations| training
completion and attendance| ensuring databases are fully up to date.
• Provides support with facilitating trainings
• Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation
processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training
to successfully perform their job.
• Tracks and publishes the transfers and promotions of employees.
Maintaining Employee Relations
• Assists with regular communication regarding all employee benefits.
• Assists with the administration of any employment relations issue.
• Provides a sounding board for employees who may need to discuss personal
issues| and maintains confidentiality at all times.
• Assists with the organization of any employee events.
• Ensures that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are
complied to assist the hotel retention strategy.
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns
in a timely manner| ensures employee issues are referred to either the
Director of Human Resources or department manager for resolution.
• Assists with the administration of recognition programs for employees;
provides suggestions to improve existing programs or introduces new concepts
to maintain employee interest and involvement.
#### Workplace Health & Safety
• Monitoring Workers Compensation claims| rehabilitation and attending to
accidents and follow-up.
• Support the Director of Human Resources in the capacity of Rehabilitation
Coordinator and assist in all Workcover suitable duties rehabilitation plans
and other legal requirements.
• Assist the WH&S Officer in coordinating the Hotel|s WH&S Committee and
• The Hotel requires that you will follow established Workplace Health and
Safety rules and regulations and demonstrate duty of care to all of our