Job Number 20028496
Job Category Information Technology
Location W Brisbane| 81 North Quay| Brisbane| Queensland| Australia VIEW
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
As a member of the property management staff| contributes advanced knowledge
and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support
the property and technology Information Resources objectives. Position is
responsible to the property for all technology planning| decision-making|
implementation| and maintenance. May interfaces with vendors| owners|
Executive Committee and property staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally| 2-4 years experience in
• Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
__Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met_ _
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to
program| write software| set up functions| enter data| or process information.
• Monitors| ensures and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property
• Analyzes information| identifies current and potential problems and proposes
• Maintains| inspects and repairs equipment.
• Inspects and ensures the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
• Ensures that computer and network operations are monitored at the property|
backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration
functions for hardware| operating and application systems are maintained and
completed on consistent basis.
• Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications
systems are functional at all times.
• Ensures solutions are consistent with the client|s needs and brand specific
• Administers and maintains mail and email.
• Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
• Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
• Provides cable management support.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new
applications| provide user tips| alert users of system problems and inform
staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
• Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and
__Managing Projects and Policies_ _
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether
events or processes comply with laws| regulations| or standards.
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP
• Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware| software and
other resources at the property.
• Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications
inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Performs an assessment of needs| ensuring compliance with brand specific
standards| budget and capital requirements.
• Determines priorities| schedules| plans and necessary resources to ensure
completion of any property projects on schedule and according to
• Ensures problems are correctly reported| routed| tracked and solved| with
the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Ensures proper asset management.
• Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates
expectations| recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying Information Resources Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues| products| systems| and
• Provides technical expertise and support.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Coordinates property efforts| prioritizes needs and communicates those needs
to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point
for problem resolution.