Job Number 19176274
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| 1 Barrack Street| Perth| Western
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer| Far East Consortium| The Ritz-Carlton| Perth
will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development.
Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront| the 205-room hotel will occupy a
28-storey tower| which will also include a selection of impressive residential
apartments. The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| together with The Towers at Elizabeth
Quay| an upscale residential development located beside the hotel| will sit
atop exclusive retail space| fine-dining experiences| and waterfront access.
The Ritz-Carlton| Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities|
including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally
positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with
2|000 square metres of conference space| including a spacious 572 square
metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the
hotel include a Fitness Centre| which offers a gym| spa| and outdoor infinity
swimming pool| while an open-roof courtyard with tropical| landscaped gardens
creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The Ritz-Carlton| Perth is the 100th Ritz-Carlton Hotel in the world and open
its doors on 15 November 2019.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations|
ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided.
Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related
situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby.
Serves as Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Property Operations and Guest Relations Needs
• Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support
property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems
that may arise through the general operation of the property.
• Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate
department in a timely manner.
• Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures compliance with all policies| standards and procedures.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
Supporting Profitability Goals
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Reviews financial statements| sales and activity reports| and other
performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine
areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Intervenes in any guest/associate situation as needed to insure the
integrity of the property is maintained| guest satisfaction is achieved| and
associate well being is preserved.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
• Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Ensures associates understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to
obtain feedback on quality of product| service levels and overall
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
Assisting Human Resources Activities
• Participates as needed in the investigation of associate and guest
• Observes service behaviors of associates and providing feedback to
• Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance|
safety| staffing| security| and maintenance.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successfully daily
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS) and support the Peer Review
• Understands and| if necessary| implements all emergency plans including
accident| death| elevator| thefts| vicious crimes| bombs| fire| etc.
– Previous experience in Hotel|s Front Office.
– Must have competent knowledge in hotel|s operating system – Opera.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 2 years
experience in the guest services| front desk| housekeeping| or related
Candidates must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be eligible
to be considered for this position. Candidates are required to have valid RSA
Certificate for WA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to go through our selection
process. We will require candidates to have unrestricted working rights for
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._