Job Number 19119434
Job Category Information Technology
Location Sydney Area Office| Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park| Sydney| New
South Wales| Australia
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
Overview of Position’s Responsibilities
Provide assistance to Area Director iT Operations| Sydney Area Office.
Provides efficient customer-oriented application and infrastructure services
that creates a positive business impact by maximizing the effective use of
technology systems at the Sydney Area Office and other Above Property office
locations throughout Australia| New Zealand & Pacific.
Is responsible to provide support service including the local area network|
associated peripherals| cabling| operating/ business application software|
Wide Area VPN and Internet connectivity to all offices.
Customers| Partners| Vendors
Area Director iT Operations| Sydney Area Office – Provides assistant support to Area Director iT Operations| Sydney Area Office
Sydney Area Office Associates – Provides iT support to all Company Owned and Managed Offices (COMO’s) and Above Property/Area Office Associates (whether based in Office or home based
Advises Associates on best practices and provides local customized documentation as needed. Responds to problems and enhancement requests in a timely manner on an appropriate priority basis. Tracks problems and keeps Associates informed about progress and status of issues
1. Business / Technical Knowledge – Understanding of the offices business needs| methodologies| strategies and upcoming projects. Understands iT technology standards| platforms and direction. Maintains a working understanding of technology trends| as well is aware of systems development methods and tools that are available.
2. Support – Proactively and reactively maintains the health and integrity of all the offices IT infrastructure|
including but not limited to:
3. Email. Desktop| Laptops| Servers| VMWare & LAN infrastructure and Operating System Software– Administration and Maintenance for Tier 1 support.
4. Problem Solving –Ensures problems are correctly reported| routed| tracked and resolved quickly with the business clients being informed of the situation at all times.
5. Training – on the spot/ad hoc| writing procedures| and organizing outside vendors to undertake training
6. Checklists – completes all establish checklists as and when required
7. Working hours – 8.30am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday). Some shared on-call support outside office hours to support Executives for tier 1 when traveling.
8. Operations – Monitors computer and network operations performing onsite and offsite backup/recovery functions and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
9. Technology Standards – Ensures current systems are in compliance with Company system standards.
10. Communication – Provides applicable written communications to all the offices Associates from time to time.
11. Ongoing configuration maintenance – Create disk images| performs maintenance that eliminates security risks| assures appropriate local area network system access and enables dissemination of duties.
12. Policy and Procedures – Has read and understood applicable Company Policies and iT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other related material. Adheres to| communicates and enforces iT policies that protecting company hardware| software and other resources at the Offices.
13. Aptitude – Customer oriented| organized and task management oriented. Able to juggle multiple tasks at one time. Able to communicate clearly with business partners.
14. Backup – Provide shared responsibility for day to day| backup services when on training or vacation of the Hotel IT Manager.
15. Taskforce – Be available for Hotel IT Taskforce assignments during vacation periods or for new opening projects
Specific Skills Required:
Task Force Participation – When available| associate may wish to take
advantage of opportunities to advance growth through field activities.
Years of Experience Required:
Work Experience – Information Technology related job experience|
hospitality experience is beneficial.
Education – Requires minimum of a two-year degree from an accredited
college/business/technical school (or the equivalent training/education in
Additional Skills Desired:
Language – Proficient level of English required written and verbal.